When minutes matter.
When you need emergency care in the TriCities area, you want to know you are getting the best care as quickly as possible.
The TriCities ER, located on Temple Parkway, offers care for all major and minor emergencies 24 hours a day to the communities of Prince George, Fort Lee, Colonial Heights and Petersburg. As a department of John Randolph Medical Center, TriCities ER can easily transfer you if you need more specialized care.
TriCities ER is prepared to handle any medical emergency you or a loved one have at any time of day. Our physicians are board certified in emergency medicine and have additional training to care for kids. We offer the care you will find on a hospital campus, but with the convenience of being in your neighborhood.
Visit our website or text ’ER’ to 32222 to find out the HCA ER wait times closest to you (message and data rates may apply).
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
When to visit: Emergency room or doctor visit?
You need the right care at the right place. Sometimes it's hard to know if you should seek emergency care, urgent care, or schedule an appointment with your provider.
Why choose us: Expert care, comfort, and convenience.
Our top priority is making sure you get the care you need quickly and that we provide it with the compassion and comfort you expect with HCA.
Our emergency room offers:
- 24/7 Full-service emergency care including pediatrics
- All private rooms
- Treatment for minor illness and injury (sprains, strains, breaks, falls, coughs, colds, UTIs)
- Care of major medical concerns (drug overdose, burns, GYN, sepsis)
- Heart care services (chest pain, shortness of breath, congestive heart failure, cardiac arrest)
- Treatment of respiratory issues (asthma, COPD, respiratory arrest, shortness of breath)
- Neurological services (stroke, seizure, migraines, minor head injuries)
- Care and treatment of life issues (animal bites, allergic reactions, cuts, wounds)
- Emotional wellness services (acute and chronic behavioral health)
- Advanced imaging equipment including CT scanner, digital ultrasound, digital diagnostic and portable X-rays
- Emergency transfers to John Randolph Medical Center if necessary, with no fees
- Free Wi-Fi